In Christ Alone

"I know now, Lord, why you utter no answer. You are yourself the answer. Before your face questions die away. What other answer would suffice? Only words, words; to be led out to battle against other words." - Orual in C.S. Lewis' Till We Have Faces

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Fallacy of Absolute Certainity

Here is a superb article by Alister McGrath. It deals with the fallacy of absolute certainity with regard to any worldview. In it, he discusses the issue of faith as a necessity of all worldviews, including atheism. He also deals with arguments against the existence of God from both a philosophical and scientific perspective. The article is long BUT worth the time and effort. Let me know what you think after reading it.

Doubt and the Vain Search for Certainity

2 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Pop said…

    Hey Michael, I read the article by Alister Mcgrath reluctantly, only because I dread long explanations, I 've always liked everything to the point, but back to the matter of the article, it hit home with me because I attempted to discuss self-doubt with a christian friend, once upon a time, and was chastized because as a professed christian I was not to have any doubts at all......Thanks for the article..God Bless and be safe coming home....Dad

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Michael D. Estes said…

    Dad,

    Thanks for your comments. I, too, have had similiar conversations with similiar results. Normally, I walking away feeling like a "second-class" Christian or not a Christian at all. That is one of the reasons I appreciated this article.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home